Mar 12, 2010

Traditional vs Contemporary

My new breakfast room was the perfect size for the dining room table so I decided to place it there instead of in the formal dining area. Originally, I had 4 huge fanback chairs that were 4 different colors (not my idea lol). I wanted to keep the table but add new chairs that were contemporary and more modern, but how can I pull that off with such a traditional looking stone table? I purchased 4 new chairs that were Italian leather and shorter in height. They matched the stone in the middle and gave more space to the room. I love the skylights above this room! At night I can sit here and look at the moon :) I am adding pictures of what the room looks like now and an inspiration picture of what it will look like very soon :)))




 I like the block style curtains in this inspiration pic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment