Mar 13, 2009

first post

Here goes! Today is my first personal post on blogger yay! It should be alot of fun for those who love fashion, interior decorating, gossip, web design, food, culture and music. I love life and try to take pictures of mine whenever I can. Please comment on anything because I love feedback and talking to new and exciting people! So lets start with today *smile*
2009 started off pretty good. New car, new website, new hair, new diet, new apartment.


I moved from my nice 2 bedroom apartment because I wanted more room for my new son. So we decided on a 3 bedroom approx 1500 ft. Gorgeous place in a good neighborhood. I like to keep my location private so I will only show a few pics :) The schools are excellent and I am sending my oldest son into private school next year.








The new car I decided to get is an Acura TL because it has all the luxury of a Bmw but costs alot less. Plus the advanced technology inside is amazing. This is my favorite car and its fun to drive. I recommend this car to people who like power in a car thats good on gas and has pure luxury and hands free technology inside. Thats my best friend sitting in it. We were on the way to Ikea.





So looking at hgtv.com I get some inspiration for my new place. I started with the livingroom on this design. I love the chocolate browns and the turquoise really sets it off. The rug adds a soft touch to make this bold look more inviting and relaxing.

I have a chocolate brown sectional that I bought from this place called "By Design" in Atlanta. Its good quality built strong and affordable italian look. Ikea is where I found the curtains around 92 inch? I have 12 foot ceilings so I needed longer curtains. So far this is current look.

So as you can see that tv stand is horrible and was not my idea to keep around lol. Im thinking about getting an LCD to put over the fireplace. I also found that white shag rug at Ikea! I love the built ins around the fireplace and I cant wait to add some candles to it. Here is how it looks now.

This is how I want it to look



Now that I have family coming down to visit this summer, my next project is the guest room which I am currently using as an office/gym with 2 desks inside. Im taking 1 desk out and putting a daybed inside. so it will look something like the pic below but not with the red color. I like purple and black. I found the daybed at Ikea!


We are still unpacking and getting settled so excuse the mess but here is what it looks like now.


A good idea is to take family photos and thumbtack them to cork material or cardboard and put them inside black picture frames like these. Your guests can feel comfortable surrounded by familiar faces and good memories.


Here is the daybed found at Ikea. $99.99 ?? So affordable and I know just the right color blankets/pillows to dress it up :) When the room is done I will update the blog with the pics so stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment